Speech and Language Therapy in Early Years Setting
We are able to offer tailor made services to local preschools and nurseries. We visit nurseries and provide support to develop targets for individual children or small groups. Therapy games and ideas are demonstrated and shared with staff and high quality resources provided.
We are also able to offer a range of tailor made training sessions to nurseries/pre-schools including the highly researched Early Talk Boost Programme by ICan. Some settings have arranged short sessions to coincide with their staff meetings.
Some Nurseries have contracted our services to visit their setting for 3-6 hours on a weekly/fortnightly basis.
Our Therapists have worked at Specialist Level with pre-school and school age children presenting with a wide range of communicative needs and conditions including :-
- Language delay /Developmental Language Disorder
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Downs Syndrome
- Social Interaction Difficulties
- Learning Disability
- Auditory Processing Difficulties
- Developmental Delay and a range of conditions/syndromes causing developmental delay
- Hearing Impairment
- Auditory Processing Skills
- ICan Talk Boost and Early Talk Boost Programmes
- Michelle Garcia Winner Social Thinking
- Hanen Parent Programme
- Hanen Early Educators Programme
- Liddecombe Early Intervention for Young Stammerers
- Derbyshire Language Scheme
- National Numeracy and Literacy Strategy
- Dyscovery Centre Dyspraxia
- Memory and Thinking Skills
- Johansen Auditory Stimulation Programmes
- Linking Literacy and Language
- Cued Articulation
- Language in the classroom
- Vocabulary across key stages
- Attention Autism
- Attachment Disorder
- Makaton Signing
Talks, Workshops & Training
Talks, workshops and training sessions are available for groups of parents and professionals. These can be geared to specific areas of interest.
Costs are available on request.
“It’s such a pleasure to work with you Cathy! Well, more than a pleasure, I don’t know what we would do without you – you have helped so many children – we are all immensely grateful!”